Scott D'Amore, the IMPACT Wrestling Co-Executive V.P., as well as Brian Cage and Taya Valkyrie, the IMPACT Wrestling World and Knockouts Champions respectively, recently took part in a media conference call to run down a lot of newsworthy items related to IMPACT Wrestling.
Check out a recap of some of the highlights from the call courtesy of F4WOnline.com below.
* D'Amore addressed the rumor of the TNA brand returning for one night in April during WrestleMania weekend in Orlando. He said it's early in the process, but that "we don't run from our history, we embrace it."
* On Kylie Rae returning to the company, "the door is certainly open if she is interested."
* D'Amore and Valkyrie were asked a lot about intergender matches which D'Amore said they are proud to be at the forefront of. Valkyrie jokingly challenged Cage to a title match and Cage retorted with that it didn't go well for Valkyrie when they wrestled in another organization.
* D'Amore said their rebuilding process is over and that they have spent two years putting out a great product. He talked about restoring trust in the Impact name. He said they had to rebuild that when he and Callis took over two years ago. After a lot of negativity in '18, he feels they have reclaimed a lot of that trust in '19, but need to keep at it."
* D'Amore said that other wrestling organizations are competition, but in a good way. "While other companies are competition, they aren't enemies. For us to success, they don't have to fail. Competition breeds innovation. We need to answer the challenge," he said.